S Lamido <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:21:23 +0100
Could all the marvellous experts help out with this one

Some lists need an additional security in place for some of our lists (questionnaire)to ensure people who subscribe are actually members of the various groups and not just members of the public.

We have set up over 50 lists and nobody can work out how to do this including the administrators.
What we want is people who try and subscribe to receive automatically a  membership form to fill out.
To click reply and sent it back to the owner filled in.

All our lists use ADDREQ1 as standard.

According to the manuals 9.4.3  the only template that will do this successfully is ADDREQ1 template form.
It says," The most convenient method, for both list owner and subscriber, is the have the SUBSCRIBE command return a copy of the questionnaire etc, and not forward the request to the owner.

You would use the .RE OWNERS command to instruct LISTSERV to point the 'Reply_ To' field to the list owners, and .TO &WHOM to change the destination from the list owner to subscriber.
This does not help anybody.

All our people must be duffers so can somebody explain in step by step form how to do this.
How does one replace the standard one with the new one. How to make it work automatically. We do not want them to get duplicate or on message with the two templates.

Susanne