Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 23:42:00 EST
Hi people.

I received a message from InfoSeek, a company I know from Web surfing,
wanting to incorporate the archives and future messages from "my" list,
OPERA-L into their search engines.  I've appended their entire message at
the end of this posting.  Being a librarian concerned with given access
to information, I find the offer very attractive.

So I'm writing to LSTOWN-L to solicit info about this.  My gut feeling is that
it is probably not possible, given that I would need to seek permission from
all those who post and probably of the host institution.  On the other
hand, OPERA-L is set up so that its archives are retrievable for anyone,
non-subscribers included.

Thanks a bunch for your feedback.

Bob Kosovsky
Student, PhD Program in Music                   Librarian
Graduate Center                                 Music Division
City University of New York                     The New York Public Library
[log in to unmask]                        [log in to unmask]
                 Listowner, [log in to unmask]
                 Administrivia to:  [log in to unmask]
- -------My opinions do not necessarily represent those of my institutions-------