Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 May 2002 07:19:41 -0400
On Fri, 31 May 2002, Winship wrote:

> Mention has been made on this list about LISTSERV 1.8e.  I don't recall a
> comprehensive item about all of the new features/changes, but I do recall
> that rejection of HTML, whether attachment or not (thank you), and internal
> LISTSERV scanning for virsues were to be included.  What about other
> features, from the listowners' viewpoint?  Could we have a memo on that?

Your best bet, in my humble opinion, is to take a look at the Listserv
1.8e release notes. You can find the release notes and the regular
documentation for Listserv 1.8e on L-Soft's web site.

> As to the virus stuff, the admin at my host site tells me that the
> internal, LISTSERV, antivirus stuff will work only for Linux and a Windows
> platform (NT?) so that my site, being Unix, will not have it.

> If that is correct, why is it correct?  Improvements are only for the
> currently most popular platforms and everyone else can go hang (AFD
> anyone?)?

Exactly, only Linux and Windows have the anti-virus capability now, for
those servers that are current on their L-Soft maintenance and that have
installed the special Listserv version of F-Secure Anti-Virus software.
Information about this feature is in the documentation.

> While I'm at it, I will repeat my request that LISTSERV strip the

I do not recall how Listserv 1.8e handles reset tags.