Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 May 2002 13:57:50 -0400
At 11:00 05/28/2002 Tuesday, Douglas Palmer wrote:
>At 09:04 AM 5/28/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>
>>How can I stop the delivery of the standard message to new subscribers
>>[$SIGNUP] so that only the Welcome Message is sent?
>
>Modify the $SIGNUP form for the list to be the same as the welcome message,
>and remove the welcome message.

Which means ...

GET listname MAILTPL

If there is a section

 >>> $SIGNUP

then modify it with by adding at the top of that section the single line

.QQ

then save the file and PUT it back on the LISTSERV.  If there is no
listname MAILTPL, or section with that name, then add the section and
store in to the LISTSERV.  See also:

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/owner/owner.html#9

   QED