Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 14:09:12 EST
On Tue, 19 Nov 1996 04:28:52 -0600 Winship said:
>Where can I get a plain ASCII copy of the 1.8c beta manual?  Everything
>I have gotten from LSOFT has been formatted and hypetexted, seemingly,
>to the moon and back.  I can't use it.  Which means I have no
>documentation, and I need it, now.

Plain text (ASCII) is done last because it requires the most hand-formatting.
I've not yet reached the point where it would be an effective use of time
to do that.  However, that point should be reached very soon now.

>Don't tell me the "doc" is ASCII  as it ain't.

You're right, it's MS Word 6.  This is not new, Douglas, the .DOC files
on our site have always been Word 6.

>If I have to compromise and put up with at least a little formatting
>which would be least onerous? wordperfect? postscript? ?

You could always download the .PDF version and use the Adobe Acrobat
Reader (available from www.adobe.com) ... or view the PostScript version
with GhostScript or some other comparable PostScript viewer.  Currently
there's no WordPerfect version because the conversion filter GPFs when
I try to make the conversion.

Nathan