Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:08:16 -0500
We configured a new list, explicitly Attachments=No. Language was not set.
Sending email client is groupwise. Customer doesn't seem to have the
signature attachment.

My question: under what circumstances does listserv strip the attachments
and send the text on through? It appears from the following that it did so
for BOTH Attachments=Yes and =No. My reading of the manual says it should
happen with =No, Filter.

An email was sent, supposedly with a pdf as an attachment although I think
it's possible it was omitted., which resulted in the following:

23 Jan 2007 17:32:15 Processing file 42312901 from [log in to unmask]
23 Jan 2007 17:32:16 -> Removing unwanted MIME message parts...
23 Jan 2007 17:32:16 Processing mail from [log in to unmask] for SP07.....
23 Jan 2007 17:32:16 Distributing mail ("SP07.....") from
owner-sp07..........@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU...

The individual resent the email, but this time it was totally rejected
because of a pdf attachment

Jan 2007 17:38:35 Processing file 42313041 from [log in to unmask]
23 Jan 2007 17:38:35 -> Rejected:
* Your  posting to  the SP07.....  list has  been rejected  because it
* contains an attachment of type 'APPLICATION/PDF'. The SP07..... list
* has been  configured to reject  such attachments; please contact  the
list
* owner at [log in to unmask] for more information.
23 Jan 2007 17:38:35 Sent information mail to [log in to unmask]

Person posted again, but without attachment, and it went through.

Changed to attachment=yes
And resent (we think may have omitted the attachment!) and got the
"Removing unwanted MIME message parts"

Sender finally gave up and posted as plain text, which went through fine.
That leads me to believe there's nothing intrinscially funky about their
email.

TIA!
Nelson

-- Please send new requests for Listserv owner support to [log in to unmask]
-- Requests for support sent to [log in to unmask] will be delayed.
--
-- Syracuse University Listserv List Manager
-- Listserv webpage: http://listserv.syr.edu