Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:33:57 -0500
On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Russ Hunt wrote:

> I think even if it were possible to keep someone on a list against
> her will, it would be a real bad idea for a union to do it.  I can't
> imagine why anybody would insist on getting off, but if they did I
> for one -- as an active participant in organizing of one of the
> first unionized faculties in Canada -- would certainly, and
> instantly, let them unsubscribe.

We have a similar list here for the faculty senate. All the faculty were
subscribed. All hell broke loose as a result. The complaints were flying
via email so fast that it literally shut down our network. It is for this
reason that I cannot recommend strongly enough against subscribing faculty
to any list without their permission, much less demanding that they remain
subscribed.