Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:00:21 -0400
On: Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 10:34:52PM -0300,Russ Hunt Wrote:

} This is interesting because perhaps I'm wrong about it . . .
}
} >In the local newspaper, 3 - 4 months ago, there was an item about
} >someone offering a new service.  Subscribers would be informed 1) that
} >the mail had been delivered, and 2) when the mail was opened.  And
} >that is all I know/remember about that.
}
} Had I seen it, I'd have laughed, because my view is that it's always
} possible to disable it.

I have heard of this "service", and as I understand it, the way it works
is that the sender sends the email to the service, giving the address of
the recipient in some way.  The recipient gets a mail waiting notice,
and has to go to the service's web site to read the mail.  When they
read the mail on the web site, the sender gets the return recipt.

Not foolproof, but better than nothing.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67