Wed, 21 Feb 1996 23:18:20 -0600
On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Norm Aleks wrote:
> Pine is  looking at character  set as defined  by MIME (Multimedia Internet
> Mail Extensions  ...  I think).   I think  LISTSERV  eats some of the  MIME
> headers, which are   telling Pine what to  do,   when you use  its  default
> subscription  settings ...  try setting    your list subscription to   IETF
> (i.e. tell LISTSERV  "SET listname IETF")  and see if  that does the trick.
> If it does, you'll need to do
>         SET listname IETF FOR *@*
> and then put
>         Default-Options=IETF   > into the list header.

I don't know for sure, as I'm really not up on this, but wouldn't each
of the recipients have to make changes to the display in his mail system?
LISTSERV may send it with everything preserved in the proper character
set, but if the mail system of the subscriber isn't set to accept/read
that set he'll see garbage or nothing, won't he?

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L