William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 May 2001 17:43:36 +0100
I'm new to the list, but I have been managing a large-ish list for the
ACM for about 18 months (about 2,800 subscribers). I've recently been
playing with the editor-header keyword. Ours is a fully-moderated list
and I need to reply to postings that require adjustment. This always
means editing out the editor header (I *could* leave it, but it's just
gobbledegook to the original sender).

Strangely, "Editor-Header= No" appears to have no effect. I've tried it
in several different locations over a period of a few days, but I always
get an editor-header for each approval request.

Our header is below:

Owner= [log in to unmask] (William Hudson)
Notebook= Yes, /home/listserv/home/notebooks/chi, Weekly,Public
Digest= Yes,Same, Daily,1700,Size(1000)
Errors-To= Owners
Subscription= Open,Confirm
Ack= Yes                 Confidential= No      Notify= No
Files= No                Mail-Via= Distribute  Validate= No
Reply-to= Sender,Respect
Review= Owners
Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm          Editor-Header= No
Editor= [log in to unmask]
Moderator= All,[log in to unmask]
Stats= Normal,Private    X-Tags= Yes
Default-Options= NoFiles,Repro,Ack
Sizelim= 500
Attachments=No
Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Probe(30)

Any thoughts or observations?

On a related note, I would dearly like to be able to reply to the
orginators of postings without having to copy and paste their email
address (reply on its own goes to the listserver). *If* the editor
header was editable (I gather it isn't) that would be one way of solving
it, but I can see nothing else in the documentation that might help.

Regards,

William Hudson
CHI-WEB Moderator

CHI-WEB Info and Archives: