Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:34:59 +1000
Hi Barbara

>I sent a message to all on the list from Verizon.  One bounced.  I reset
>that one to "nomail" and got back a message that it was already set to
>nomail.  I have only one subscriber from knology.net and the address is
not
>the one given as the bouncee.

The username shown in the error message is 'kerstein' so did you try a
'SCAN FLORIDABIRDS-L kerstein' command?  Chances are this subscriber is
forwarding mail from an entirely different address to the knology.net
address.

>Sometimes I see earthlink in the header but with the same bouncee.

Similarly, did you try 'SCAN FLORIDABIRDS-L earthlink' (as above) to see
if some obvious pattern pops up?

If it *is* a situation where a subscriber's forwarding to another address
then the probe methods that Pete Weiss suggested earlier may be the only
way you'll discover the culprit.

His suggestion of sending a DISTRIBUTE job would yield good (and faster)
results, too.  However, as Pete's already pointed out, this would require
contacting the LISTSERV Administrator for assistance.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.