Wed, 21 Mar 2001 18:25:03 -0600
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Darren Evans-Young wrote:
> Just to give you guys a heads up. A few days ago, I started

These messages have been directed more at listserv administrators than
listowners, who know only about their own lists.  However, this weekend I
did get several "subscribe" attempts from some of those excite.com
addresses.  These were faulty attempts, as they were sent to the list
addresses, rather than the listserv addresses, so I got them as "approval"
items.  Normally, I reply to these with instructions as to how to
subscribe, but I also go through all my stuff before I start doing that.
I noticed that there were multiple attempts, for each of my lists, but all
were faulty, so I did not reply to any of them with proper subscription
procedures.  None of the addresses list has managed to get onto my lists.

Now, may be related, maybe not, but mixed in with the ones from some of
the addresses listed above, doing it exactly the same way (sorry, I didn't
save any of it), was    [log in to unmask]

There is no reason anyone would want to subscribe to all of my lists, as
none has any relation whatsoever to any other, other than some of them,
not all, share a common host site (and me as listowner).

So, that [log in to unmask] may be related, or not.  Do with it as you
think best.         Douglas