Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 May 1995 16:32:48 PDT
On Tue, 30 May 18:30 -0500 you said James Bryan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Is there anyway to deal with the numerous amount of error messages, to a
> mailing list, generated from America Online?

One error-message, per posting to your list, is generated for each of
the "bad" subscribers to your list, whether or not the subscriber
is a customer of America Online.

> Is there any program out there that can handle these error messages?

Under UNIX, PROCMAIL can be used to segregate your "normal" incoming E-mail
from your "bounced-messages" E-mail.

>I noticed that AOL also generates
>error if that person's "mailbox" is full :( what a nuisance for me being a
>list co-owner...

Yes, it is a nuisance being a list-owner.  You can either resign, or you can
recruit, train, and appoint some co-owners, or you can adopt a public-spirited
attitude, and just get on with the responsibilities of owning a list.