Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:53:30 -0330
I know that most of the time subscribers should have the freedom to
leave a list.  But I have a question about this.

Our faculty association wants to set up a mailing list that will have
all members of the association on the list, no-one else.  The purpose
of the list is to distribute notices about union activities.   We have
some members who are not likely to want to remain on the list, but just
as they automatically have a mailbox for snailmail where notices can get
sent, so we want them on this list.  If they want to delete everything
we send, fine;  this would be parallel to tossing all memos in the
garbage without reading them.

Ideally we would like to have a list setting something like "Deletion=Owner";
but of course there is no such thing.  We would also like some sort of
notification if someone decides to set themselves to NOMAIL.  Are these
possible?  Normally I can think of dozens of good reasons NOT to have
settings like that.  But I've been asked to find out.

Guess who the list administrator will be?

:-(

Bill

--
Dr. W. Schipper                     Email: [log in to unmask]
Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406