Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 20:23:38 -0700
At 07:52 PM 1/22/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Maybe a new user?  I didn't know if this was a way to use aliases or be
>unidentified or something fancy I'm not aware of.

It means someone's MTA or mail address that they supplied to Eudora or
another POP mailer is incorrect.  This is probably no different than
someone trying to subscribe from something like [log in to unmask]
....it will bounce.....

>I approve members to my list and this came in the usual form from
>listserv.  Wouldn't that mean it is the address the person used to try to
>subscribe or can that be mistaken by listserv?

Of course they could have used it by error or misconfiguration.  Stuff
happens.  Just don't worry about it.  Eventually they'll get things fixed
and send in a proper sub.  Or they won't.  Either way, nothing you can do
about it.

>It arrived in a subscription request from litserv not an error message.
>I got an error message when I tried to post to the address.

Right.  It isn't a valid address, as has been pointed out by others.

>Any other light you can shed is appreciated.

See above.

cheers

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.