Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 18:44:27 -0500
On 10/26/97 4:02 PM CDT, Mary Schweitzer <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>Adam Bailey wrote:
>> There was a problem, it was fixed last weekend. You shouldn't be having
>> this problem anymore.
>
>Do you mean AOL fixed it or L-Soft fixed it?  We were having the
>problems
>with AOL all this past week, Wednesday for example.  That's why I wrote.
>Note:  My message was dated yesterday.  Whatever the problem was, it was
>certainly not FIXED last weekend.

I don't know all the details, but a few weeks ago List Owners on the
LISTSERV.AOL.COM server began reporting the problem that they were not
getting responses to commands sent to the LISTSERV from their AOL
accounts (commands were processed and responses sent, but they never
arrived). Last weekend, we were told that the problem had been found and
repaired, and it's been working fine since.

Now I don't know what the problem was, or even where the problem was
(except that it was AOL's fault, not the LISTSERV's). But if you're still
not getting responses to commands sent to a different LISTSERV, then you
need to write to AOL and let them know about it.

An important point here is that this has nothing to do with the routine
problems that AOL members have with delayed/missing mail. This was
something seperate.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;