Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:58:20 -0400
Hi again all.

Appreciate all of your replies and suggestions!

I wrote to the Listserv maintainer at the site who tells me:

"First of all, there were a couple of syntax errors in the header which I
have corrected:

  *  Send= Owners    should be  * Send= owner     (no 's')
  *  Review= Owners  should be  * Review = owner  (no 's')"

hmmmm...

My understanding is that Owner and Owners are exactly the same thing. If it does
matter, I am one of multiple owners and have the other 3 defined as quiet owners in
the header.

Anybody know for sure?  I gleaned my info that owner and owners are functionally
the same thing (for purposes of header keywords) by searching the lstown-l archives.

Thanks! (I've enclosed my original query below....)

Thanks again all. :-)

maureen

My original post: (Have addressed most of the security and other issues and thank
you all for those suggestions!)

I've been asked to take over a Listserv mailing list that's been inactive for awhile,
in conjunction with some volunteer stuff that i do. Have bulk added a couple of
bunches of subscribers to the list and it's up around a hundred subscribers now.

Sent an announcement out this morning -- about 2 hours ago. Nothing has
happened even though Listserv (it's atsign mitvma dot edu) seems to be working
fine and returns jobs quickly.

I've looked the header over and can't find a problem so am submitting it to you
kids to see if you can see a problem! (Have changed some owner names to foil
spammy types.)

Thanks for any help!

maureen

*
*  The Nameless Coffee House Mailing List
*
*  [log in to unmask] (Maureen Leblanc)
*  Owner= Quiet: ,[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]
*  Owner= [log in to unmask] (George LeBlanc)
*  Review= Owners
*  Subscription= Open
*  Send= Owners
*  Ack= Yes
*  Files= No
*  Mail-Via= DIST2
*  Notebook= No
*  Notify= Yes
*  Renewal= Yearly
*  Default-Options= Repro, Review
*  Editor= Owner
*  Stats= Normal, Private
*  Topics= STAFF, ANNOUNCE, PERFOFRMERS
*  Default-Topics= ANNOUNCE
*  X-Tags= Yes
*  Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(1),Max(25)
*  Created 1998/08
*
<<<<