Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jan 1994 12:20:04 -0500
> Is  there anyway  I can  use a  filter or  other mechanism  to block  out any
> message which has a specific subject header?  Thanks.

IF the list-owner sets a certain topic in the Topics= keyword in the
list's control file (let's say that one of the topics is GARBAGE), then
you could set your own subscription options by sending SET <listname>
TOPICS ALL -GARBAGE .  You'll then get all messages except those that have
GARBAGE: in the subject header.  Of course, this also depends on message
senders obeying the convention of putting GARBAGE: in their message subject
headers when appropriate.

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]