Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 16:40:17 -0500
On 16 Jun 97 05:40:16 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>To: [log in to unmask] (Bill  Harrison)
>Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 07:36:39 -0400
>Subject: Re: [LSTOWN-L] Question About Confirmation Numbers
>
>   Sorry about the delay -- I was out of town.
>
>On 12 Jun 97 at 15:21, Bill wrote:
>
>> Subject: BAMAFAN: approval required (686BF3)
>
>   Cookie= 686BF3
>
>> Subject:      BAMAFAN: approval required (686BF3)
>
>   Cookie= 686BF3
>

>> Subject:      Output of job "billh" from [log in to unmask]
>> To:           Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
>>
>> > ok
>> >Confirming:
>> > APPROVE BAMAFAN 6AAF0C
>
>   This shows LISTSERVs confirmation (via your OK of Cookie=686BF3) of
>command message/job number 6AAF0C.  Cookie's and Job numbers will be
>different and are not related.
>
>Larry

Thanks for the info.

In this case, I would like to recommend that in the future versions,
that the confirmation messages show some reference to the cookie
number. I am a owner that does not have access to the logs and have no
way to see if a confirmation matches any of the cookies. I
occasionally am not sure if I have ok'ed a message. If I could match
the confirmation numbers with the approval required cookie, it would
solve this problem.

Thanks again.

--
Bill Harrison