Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 10:13:50 -5
I had my list set to Review= Private from the beginning. In a fit of
paranoia, I changed it recently to Review= Owner.

One of my subscribers wrote to me saying it was about time, he
couldn't understand why I left the subscribers unconcealled for so
long. He then went on to suggest that I should put the list of
addresses on a web page so that legit people could get to them!!!

This just floored me. That's like getting an unlisted number and
then writing your phone number on the wall in every rest-room in the
world!

I want to write him a letter that would make it very clear just how
bad this idea is. I thought y'all might have some good ideas of the
kinds of things to tell him to convince him. (Because I noticed that
he had his address-book on his web page, and I'd like to not just
explain why I'm not going to do it, but hopefully convince him to
practice safe webbing too).

Francoise