Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:04:09 EDT
On Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:39:22 -0400 Frank FitzMaurice said:
>I still think the filter was supposed to stop these - but maybe my
>understanding was wrong. L-Soft?
>
>I find it a little interesting that these get sent to the poster. On my
>list, I have a different reply to address but I guess some mail systems
>don't see it or respond to it.

The filter only stops incoming out-of-office replies and it doesn't stop
them all.  As you're no doubt aware there's no standard for such things
and as a result it's sometimes difficult to determine what is an OOO and
what isn't.  In any case the OOO would have to come back to the list
in order for the filter to be able to see it.  If it goes directly back
to the poster, by definition LISTSERV never sees it.

Nathan