Nicolas Graner <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 22:45:38 +0200
>I just took a look at the WWW List of Lists and it functions  well, but
>I have a suggestion for all list owners.  There are 40 or 50 Psychology
>related Lists at sjuvm.stjohns.edu, but most of them did not show up on
>a search on "psy" because the list name or title did not contain that term.
>Unless there is a keyword field on which the engine can search, make sure
>the key words for your list appear in the name or title of your list.

There is a hard limit of 80 characters and a recommended limit of 40 for
list titles. There is no way I can fit all the keywords that potential
RPlist subscribers are likely to search for within that limit (RPlist deals
with all retinal degenerative diseases, but each person tends to search for
their particular condition, not a generic term like "retinal
degeneration").

How can I define a "keyword field on which the engine can search"?

Would it be possible to agree on a "Keywords=" list header keyword that
would be completely ignored by kistserv, but that list-of-lists compilers
could use at their discretion?

Nicolas