Brian Lingard <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 21:57:05 -0500
When a subscriber's address changes after they have subscribed to the
list I manage, I generally notify the affected user I will delete their
subscription under the bad address and ask them to re-subscribe under the
new address.

Recently Genie.geis.com renamed itself to genie.com and I did this to all
affected subscribers to my lift, which were exactly two people.

My reason for not issuing a delete and subscribe for the user myself is
simple.  If the user still wants to receive the list, they will
re-subscribe.  If they are not interested in receiving the list, they
will not re-subscribe but the ultimate decision is up to the subscriber.

Now if the user is on a system where their address changes each session
they are logged on, you have a serious problem.

My list used to be send: public but I got tired of spam and send:private
has virtually eliminated spam from my list.

Good luck.

-- Brian Lingard