"Dr. Ingrid Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:43:10 -0600
eGroups currently offers $500.00 to any listowner who moves a large list
into their system and maintains it there for (I believe) a few months.
I presume that's a direct attempt to get Listserv(R) business.  I have
just set up a small unpublished list for a university course in eGroups
to escape and inefficient Majordomo distribution program the university
insists on using, and everything seems to work well.

Members are expected to refrain from (among other things):

"Using the service for illegal purposes or for posting material that is
unlawful, harassing,  abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene,
tortuous, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise
objectionable, including but not limited to material that contains
blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred, or profanity,
or that promotes or provides instructional information about illegal
activities or promotes physical harm or injury against any group or
individual; . . ."

Would that cover your case?

I still very much like Listserv and wish the university for which I am
teaching this Internet based course agreed :-)

Peace, Ingrid