Brett Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 May 2007 06:46:57 -0700
Thank you Pete,

Your suggestion is exactly what I needed to create the announce list
that is requested.  Thank you for your help.

Brett Watts

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Pete Weiss
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 4:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Mailing Lists

Strange:

If the recipients REPLY back to the ANNOUNCE LIST, then it is NOT an
ANNOUNCE LIST>

At 19:22 4/30/2007 Monday, Brett Watts wrote:
>I have a situation where we would like to create an announce mailing
>list and used already created mailing lists to populate the new
announce
>mailing list.
>
>The set up is as follows:  ML A has subscribed to it ML B, ML C, and ML
>D.
>
>When a message is sent to ML A, messages to out to all people subscribe
>to the mailing lists ML B, ML C, and ML D as if they were coming from
>the sender sending the message to ML A which is what I want to happen.
>However, ML B, ML C, and ML D, all reply to their own lists if a reply
>is tried.

[...]

IF I understand, then ML A should have list keyword SUB-LISTS=
references (get rid of the SUBSCRIBED lists on ML A) to ML B,C,D a

REPLY-TO= LIST,RESPECT

/P

This message has been scanned by Postini anti-virus software.