David Caster <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:35:24 -0700
Hi,
I've got a 2 lists configured on LISTSERV 1.8e (running LSMTP-50 thread) one that is non-active, and one that I use as an announce-only list.  Typically I use QUIET-DELETE & ADD........IMPORT for our lists of anywhere between 10,000-40,000 opt-in subscribers that I then moderate an html based e-newsletter out to.  The lists get swapped out typically about 3-5 times per week.

I've been running this solution smoothly for about 9 months now, but lately the time it takes to do the quiet-import task has been taking way-way-way longer (ie: a 10,000 address list used to import in about 30 minutes - now it takes up to 2 hours).

I've added RAM to the box (a single proc P3-750 w/ 768MB of RAM & a 20GB HD), restarted it several times (to make sure it's not just a memory leak) and moved all the accumulated temp files out of LISTSERV's log directories (just in case some type of cross referenced parsing of old lists was happening).

Any suggestions?

Thanks
David Caster

ps - the reason i'm not just running the list management aspect through LISTSERV is that all our subscriber data is stored in a SQL DB & it has to remain that way due to government regulations.