LISTSERV Maintainer/Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 May 1999 13:39:05 EDT
On Tue, 4 May 1999 15:38:36 -0400 Mark London said:
>Recently I was  alerted byORBS.ORG that my site had been identified as being
>an email relay site, i.e. it could be used by spammers to relay messages to
>other sites. I plugged up all the holes, including an empty from address which
>ORBS.ORG tests for, since many spammers don't include a FROM address.

  We were once on the ORBS list.  We implemented mail relaying blocking
but did not preclude MAIL FROM:<>.  We passed the ORBS test and are no
longer on the list.  You should not have to block MAIL FROM:<> to get off
ORBS.

John Hammond
University of Connecticut