Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 18 Nov 1995 15:03:36 EST
On Fri, 17 Nov 1995 22:01:32 -0600 Mark Hale said:
>I am on a large list where users are struggling with digest format (the
>list generates 100+ on a typical day).  A common theme is that there is too
>much mail to receive individually, but mail is too hard to filter in Digest
>format.
>
>Are there client tools for Mac and/or DOS/WINDOWS that can receive a Digest
>mode file and explode it into individual mail in Eudora format, for
>example?

  I have a file called DG XEDIT (which I received when its creator
 offered it over some list to which I was subscribed).  It is designed for
 a VM/CMS platform.  It creates a compilation of the subject lines at the
 head of the digest.  I tab to the first topic of interest and press F2.
 The program jumps me to that message in the digest.  After reading that
 message I can continue on through that thread by continuing to press F2.
 When I have completed that thread, F1 returns me to the compilation of
 subject lines and I can repeat the same process for some other topic.

   I have found it very useful in allowing me to quickly work through long
 digests where only selected messages are of interest.

    Judith Hopkins
       Listowner of Autocat     [log in to unmask]