Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 15:17:38 -0500
Sometimes I think I'd like to regularly post my list's rules and/or an FAQ
or other similar info, however I hesitate to do so regularly because I
don't want the notebook filling up with repetitive material.  I could
regularly remind readers to please GET <listname> RULES but that doesn't
have the impact of actually posting the rules.

Is there any way, through a batch job or whatever, for a list-owner to
post a single message but have it NOT recorded in the notebook?  I.e.,
have the notebook suspended just for that message?

I know I might try to temporarily change Notebook to None in the list
keywords, however (1) I suspect that alone wouldn't do it (I know some
notebook changes require Listserv maintainer intervention); (2) other
messages might escape the notebook in the interim; and (3) it's a hassle
to do that each time.

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]