Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Apr 1993 06:05:56 -0500
> Excuse me for being frank, but if you don't know why this is happening, then
> you haven't been paying attention...

Paying attention to what?

> > Most people's list mail is still
> >being posted normally when they use reply, but I have to repost replies
> >for a few people, because they come to me as listowner.
> And have you explained to your subscribers why this might be necessary for
> some of them?

I've mentioned that it's happening, but I haven't explained anything to the
subscribers since I don't have any explanation.

> Get real!
> I have most certainly had this problem with .edu addresses!  *MY* biggest

Sorry if I appeared to be saying that my experience was the only experience.
That's not what I intended.

> I've tried to explain that what they really need to do is junk a shitty
> mail system, but...  But, hey, this is the Library of Congress, after all,

As I said originally, my guess was that the problem was caused by something
on the system of the people having the problem.

> I could go on, but shouldn't need to here...

Why not?  If your implication is that all of us on this list are computer
gurus, you're wrong.  Some of us are non-techies.  The subscribers to all
of the lists I run (two of them LISTSERV lists) are aware that (1) I know
very little about computers, and (2) I will happily turn over listowning
duties to somebody more knowledgebale the minute such a person volunteers.

   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])
     Professor of English, Mississippi State University
     Computer Knowledge: Pre-School Level

P.S. When I win Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, I plan to quit my
job and learn more about computers.  Until then, I am obligated to do the
work I'm being paid to do -- which does not include computer play.  I try
to limit my e-mailing to before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.