Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:05:13 -0500
Dennis Gormley wrote:

> I'm trying to implement a simple bottom_banner in my .mailtpl file. I'm
> getting a bottom_banner, all right, but not with the results I intended.
>
> I got the [listname].mailtpl file, where the relevant section said
>
> BOTTOM_BANNER      Bottom banner for plain text postings
> TOP_BANNER         Top banner for plain text postings

Hi Dennis,

I never edit the .mailtpl stuff directly; I use the web interface.
I take it that's not an option for you?  If it is an option, give
it a try, some of us like it a lot.  :)  But I grabbed the
default.mailtpl to see what you're talking about (well, as much as
I can given that I'm still on 1.8d) and I'm not so sure that's the
relevant section!  That might be some list of templates -within-
some other template....  On the lists on our server where we've
added a bottom banner, it seems to end up at the top of the list's
mailtpl file.  Try that - put your ">>> BOTTOM_BANNER" line at the
very top, then the contents of the banner, then whatever was at
the top of the file before.  The line that was at the top of the
file before should have already been some start-of-template type
line (i.e. starting with >>>) so that will let Listserv know that
it's reached the end of the banner.

Margaret King
Michigan State University