"Paul E. Prusakowski" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 May 2000 22:42:55 -0400
spam blocking.....
That was the problem!  Just asked my tech gurus about it, and we just had
a security upgrade on our mail server.  Thanks for the help!

Paul Prusakowski

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Ben Parker
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 1:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Review command not working

On Thu, 18 May 2000 19:42:11 -0400, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Has your ISP implemented some new spam blocking and is now filtering out
>messages that have a null return path?

The quick test for this condition is send one message to LISTSERV@...
with the 2 line command:

command message:   THANKS
                   INFO listname      (name of your list)

You should get 2 separate responses back.  The command acknowledgement and
response to THANKS is sent with RFC821 return-path  MAIL FROM:<>  which is
sometimes blocked (in violation of internet mail standards, see our FAQ at
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/lsv-faq.stm#5.16)

The 'file under separate cover' (response to the INFO command) is sent with
(non-blank) return-path of owner-listname@... and will not be blocked for
being
blank.  So if you get only one response (the second) you have strong
indication
of blocking.  If you get 2 responses consistently, then it is probably not a
blocking problem.