Pooja Mehta <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:43:19 -0500
Thanks Pete.

The announcement is going to ask the recipients to send a SIGNOFF
command to the listserv server if they want to stop receiving these
annoucements,
if any of the recipients try to post to the 'list' , it should not go to
everyone on the list. Either the delivery should fail, telling them that
this is only an announcement only list.
I don't think there are ny different specifications or actions fro
non-subscribers.

I built this list with the addresses I have, therr are no subscribers to
this list.

Hope this additional information abt the scenario helps.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Weiss [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 1:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ?

At 14:11 06/25/2003 Wednesday, Pooja Mehta wrote:
 >Hello team,
 >
 >If I want to create a list that is announcement only, how do i setup a
>'Send' field for this list?  >  >I will be the owner of the list and I
do not want to allow any of the  >recipients of the announcement be able
to post to the list.

Add'l info required:

1) what do want to occur if a subscriber attempts to post?  forward to
you? return to poster?

2) what do want to occur if a NON-subscriber attempts to post?

[followup to [log in to unmask] -- the list for list-owners]

/P