"Tonizzo, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:17:53 -0500
Haven't found anything in the archives or manuals about this so figured I'd
ask here:

On a list that has multiple Owners, is the order of the Owners on the config
file relevant? I'd guess not, but it doesn't appear that way.

The reason I ask is that we have instances where someone who is not an
owner/editor tries to send out a mailing to the list and gets back the sent
to moderator message. But, the message appears to only be sent to the first
listed owner in the config file and not the rest of the owners listed. Is
there a setting so that all the owners specified are sent an email about the
invalid posting now in the moderation queue?  Because if the first owner
listed is the only one to receive the notification and is on leave or
something and doesn't change the config owner= order then other listed
owners will not get notified and would have to go to the moderation queue on
a whim to see if it's populated. BTW, we only have 1-way non-discussion
lists here.

Any info or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.