Mon, 12 May 2003 12:24:59 -0500

John Lyon wrote:
> I just sent only the text below to a test list with the same rejection.
>
> Please send replies directly to [log in to unmask] .  A summary
> will be posted to the list.
>
> Apparently it doesn't like "send" in the first line.

Well, that was my begining supposition, as I said.  As said, I think this
is from interactive VM/VMS stuff, which isn't email.  So, why is LISTSERV
looking for this VM/VMS line command in email? (Dont't get me wrong here,
I wish that the host site for most of my lists still used its VM/VMS/CMS
machines for lists; I could use AFD, packages, etc.)

I am still puzzeled as to why a posting properly sent to the list address
is rejected as a missent command when the text of the posting starts:

Please send ......

As I said before, I do not recall any commands which begin with "Please."
If the program is hanging on "send", well, I don't think it should, as
that interactive VM/VMS "send" is not email.

I really would like an "official" explanation of this from Eric, or someone
at LSOFT.

Douglas Winship