Jean Bedard <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:17:30 -0500
Hi,
We've had a problem some time ago with a subscriber using cc:mail with an
incorrect setting (something called "history" or the like).

Our list is defined with Send=Owner. When that user tried to forward the
message to one of her colleague, the address of the Sender (the owner of the
list) stayed in the From: line along with the subcriber's address, and the
address of the list stayed in the To: line along with the colleague's
address, so the message was sent again to the list and... distributed to all
subscribers.

This is because Listserv detected that one of the addresses in the From:
line was the owner's, so the message was accepted and distributed; if not
for that, Listserv would have rejected the message and passed it to the
owner, since Send=Owner.

I suppose the same would be true with Send=Editor.

Shouldn't Listserv reject any mail with more that one address in the From:
line, anyway? I don't remember if this was with 1.8b or 1.8c beta; is this
still true with 1.8c non-beta?

Jean Bedard