Gabe Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 May 2003 21:37:15 -0400
Weird problem. I've set up a list for a SIG (special interest group)
leader in the local PC user group. She and I are listed as owners. I'll
paste the list header below.  The list is announce-only so it's set up to
require confirming posts.

When I post I get the request for confirmation. After I confirm, my posts
are distributed. When she posts, nothing happens -- no request for
confirmation, no error message. I tried setting my email to be "from" her,
sent a post. She received nothing, no error msg, no confirmation request.

I asked her to send a post to the list, also to me. Several times I
received email to me only, not showing [log in to unmask], though she
assured me that both addresses were in the To: field. Today a couple notes
arrived with multiple addresses in To, as there were supposed to be, and
as she said she was sending all along. She uses Groupwise, I vaguely
remember problems discussed with this.

At first the list header listed her email address with mixed case in her
email address, since I'd copied/pasted it from an email she sent.
Wondering whether that had any effect -- but not thinking that it did -- I
duplicated the two lines with her address, with the duplicate all in lower
case. I've masked her address below but reflected how it's capitalized in
the header. Made no difference.

My theory has been that for some reason email to her from LISTSERV is
being filtered -- on her PC, by her organization, whatever. But she says
no.  It's inconvenient for me to go to her office -- and I'm not sure what
I'd see, how interesting will it be to watch email from LISTSERV not
arrive?  Any other theories?

I can remove Owner= Quiet: line and maybe reverse her/my entries in
header, see whether I see errors. But any other advice?  Have I missed
something?

* Office SIG announcements
*
* Owner= [log in to unmask] (aaaaa aaaaaa)
* Owner= [log in to unmask] (aaaaa aaaaaa)
* Owner= Quiet:
* Owner= [log in to unmask]   (Gabe Goldberg)
* Owner= [log in to unmask] (Gabe Goldberg)
* Errors-To= Owner
* Editor= [log in to unmask]
* Editor= [log in to unmask]
* Editor= Owner
* Subscription= Open,Confirm
* Confirm-Delay= 336
* Auto-Delete= No
* Confidential= Yes
* Ack= Yes Language= English
* Subject-Tag= OfcSIG
* Notify= Yes
* X-Tags= Yes
* Validate= Yes, Confirm
* Review= Owner
* Send= Owner,Hold,Confirm
* Mail-Via= Distribute
* Reply-to= Sender,Respect
* Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,23:30,Size(1750)
* Default-Options= NoRepro,SUBJecthdr
* Notebook= Yes,/homed/listserv/home/ofcsig-archive,Monthly,Public
* Change-Log= Yes
* Sender= None
<subscribers deleted>
*
* Total number of users subscribed to the list:     32
* Total number of local host users on the list:      7