James Beniger <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Sep 1994 15:00:01 -0700
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 1994 16:21:56 -0400
From: Wendel White <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list VISCOM
Subject: OffTopic - Missing Person Report

Forwarded From ArtsWire!!!!!

Item 469    01-SEP-94    18:21 Alan Millar

Missing Person-I need you help! PS-This is serious and for real.

Please help. Missing Person Report I am an artswire member and the co-founder
and former director of  The LAB.  My sister-in-law disappeared on  8/22/94
and we have mounted a massive search for her.  I am new to the Internet and
seek your assistance in posting this information to any service you may be
associated with. Kimberly Nilson. Age 24. Height: 5'5".  Blond Hair/ Blue
Eyes/ Thin/Muscular/Tanned. Amateur athlete. Arizona State Student in
Pre-Med. May have been seen by her roomate home asleep at 6:30 am Monday
morning 8/22/94,. Was to have met a friend at home before 9:00 am, on the
first day of classes  at ASU. She did not answer the door. Her home is at the
Meridian Corners apartments at 1500 Broadway, Bldg 35, between McLintock and
Rural, in Tempe, Arizona.  Her car was found abandoned with the keys in the
ignition, with her drivers license and checkbook in the car, at the corner of
North 92nd Way and Palm Tree, in a remote subdivision of  Pima Road in North
Scottsdale. Neighbors confirmed that the car was abandoned in their
neighborhood between  8:40am and 9:00 am Monday 8/22.  She is 5' 5" , blue
eyes, thin and muscular, with a good tan. She has dark blonde hair  that
falls below her shoulders. Her car is a 1982 Volkswagen Rabbit, black, with
dark tinted windows. It has a yin/yang symbol sticker on the front
windshield, and a radio station sticker on the back window.  It may have been
driven North along Pima Road sometime before 8:40 am, and it may have needed
gas somewhere between Tempe and Scottsdale. It may have been driven by
someone else, and it may have been accompanied byanother  car. The VW was
recovered Monday morning, and has been in a police lot since then.  As of
9/1/94, she has been missing for  eleven days. There is definitely something
amiss and we need help spreading the word. We request that people keep a look
out for her and to call the Tempe Police Department at (602)350-8311 if you
have any information that may lead to her return. We have raised a $25,000
reward.  She just won first place in her age group in the triathlon in
Flagstaff on Sunday, August 7th. She was just informed by her counselor that
she would graduate a semester  early and have her degree by December. She
would never, ever have walked away or disappeared like this without talking
to her familyand friends.  We believe she is in trouble and we hope and pray
for her, etc.to get the word out, you may write a check or otherwise deposit
funds to Bank One Account #46473436, (routing#122100024) in the name of
Alleluia Lutheran Student Ministry. The account is being administered by the
Rev. Lee Meyer on our behalf.  Thank you for any help, time or other
assistance you may provide. You may be the key to our finding Kimberly.