Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:42:00 PDT
On Jun 23, 10:40am, Darryl Luther wrote:

} I've been getting these sporadically for the past several weeks.  Now, I'm a
} complete novice when it comes to Internet mail headers and distribution
} errors, so that may be the bulk of my problem.  The problem being I can't
} figure out which account is causing these errors and why it's not happening
} on every single message.  The misleading part (for me anyway) is the
} reference to the "Filter=" keyword.  I inherited this list and here's the
} "Filter=" settings (I'm not sure why "Also" shows up on the first Filter
} line, but it does):
}
} Filter= Also,salste@*,[log in to unmask],nobody@*,noone@*,
} Filter= *@brian.net.pk,*VISBAS*@*,*@JAVALOBBY.ORG, *@capitolsoft.com

"also" says to use these in the list in addition to the "standard" lsoft
list, which inclused MAILER-DEAMON, so thats why its being caught.

Otherwise the bounce, which is missent to the list, would be posted to
the list.

} No mention of the offending domain in there that I can see.  The only
} subscription containing ".tw" is: [log in to unmask], but
} "EMC.DGBASE.GOV.TW" is referenced in the error.  Could it be these 2 match
} up somehow?

Could be.  Try writing to your subscriber directly and see if it
bounces.

This line hit the filter:

} From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <[log in to unmask]>

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507