Michael B Quinion <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 08:26:11 +0000
I'm setting up a new list, not yet operational, and am slowly
learning my way about LISTSERV. Your help would be appreciated.

I've uploaded a new version of the the MAILTPL file, but find that
the system is ignoring all dot commands in the file (not just ones in
the INFO section that I've changed). It outputs the commands as text,
without the initial dot. Is there a known reason for this? I've
checked my outgoing mail message before sending it, but my mailing
system doesn't introduce any change that might account for it.

Another issue is that of the formatting that LISTSERV carries out on
the text in the MAILTPL file when it transmits it to a user. It
applies some brutal rules, for example, always setting the text to
justified. This produces horrible-looking output. Is it possible to
change this? (I know about the .FO OFF command, but because of the
other problem, I can't test it, and it may not be the right solution
anyway, for the reasons given in the manual).

Michael B Quinion  <[log in to unmask]>  Thornbury, Bristol, UK