Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:57:50 +1000
>I too have added the &MBX(&INVOKER) or &MBX(&WHOM) to get the subscribers
>address in the bottom banner for each subscriber.  But doesn't work.
>Listserv on unix.  Any clues.  I did remember reading something about
>mailmerge or ???

You're probably thinking of this thread on the sister list, LSTSRV-L
<http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0405&L=lstsrv-l&P=R2785&I=
-3>.

Yes, it involves mail merge and this _requires_ the use of our mailer LSMTP
as the outbound mailer that LISTSERV's configured to use.  LSMTP is only
available for Windows and VMS at this point so you'd have to convince your
Site Administrator to first set up a Windows/VMS box then get them to
licence LSMTP.

Unfortunately, without LSMTP and mail merge there's nothing that the
average List Owner can do to insert a subscriber's address into the body of
a list post.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.