Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:49:36 -0400
On Sep 15, 2006, at 8:22 AM — 9/15/06, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> One of my subscribers wants his posts of weeks or months ago
> deleted from
> the searchable archives as they might be deemed derogatory by his
> employer.
> Can this be done?  How?

This is a pain in the neck to do. The directions are on the L-Soft
documentation web site in the FAQ.
In this kind of situation, I decline the request unless it comes from
my manager (which has never happened).
The only times I have done that is to remove virused postings that
escaped the F-Secure a/v software and
one or two other situations where one or two professors accidentally
posted students' grades to a list.

I do sometimes receive similar requests. In response, I point out
that the email has already been distributed
to the people who matter the most in the particular situation AND the
time for an author to edit his or her
posts is before sending, not after.