Peacenet Balkans Desk <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:05:00 -0500
At 11:37 PM 3/14/99 -0800, Michael S. Johnson wrote:
>That is an HTML question, not a LISTSERV question.
>
>> if prop. font is selected, the lines come out as line1 line2 line3.  >
>This behavior is By Design in HTML.  HTML normally collapses multiple
>whitespace characters (including carriage returns, linefeeds, and tabs)
>into one space.  The "non-proportional font" setting probvably uses the
><PRE> tag, which does not collapse whitespace.  It's similar to the
>difference between ".fo on" and ".fo off".

Well, of course, thanks. Thinking about it, I see there's no way to
dynamicaly invoke <br>. sigh.

Also thinking about it, I conclude that it's advantageous to have the choice
between prop. and nonprop. font, even tho this is confusing for some new
subscribers. Interesting how one has to point out things to people even tho
it's right before their eyes :) --  ed
----
Ed Agro, Peacenet Balkans Desk, Boston ([log in to unmask])
http://lists.igc.org/archives/zamir-chat-l.html