Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 22:37:32 +0200
On   Mon,   10   Apr   1995    15:55:34   EDT   C&MS   Listserv   Manager
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>When storing a  header with the new-list option, I  received the message
>back that old digest was deleted (or some such).

If  you update  from  a  configuration where  digests  are  enabled to  a
configuration  where digests  are disabled,  the old  digest is  deleted.
Presumably you'll have warned users in  advance of your intent to disable
digests on the list,  etc. In this case I assume you  did not really mean
to disable  digests, but  then once  you set a  "New-List=" keyword  on a
list, the  whole list is disabled.  People can't subscribe or  post to it
any longer - everything is forwarded to the new host. In other words, the
list becomes a simple forwarding facility.

  Eric