Gregory Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:38:10 -0700
> Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:21:43 -0400
> From: Ronnie Streff <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: FW: message recall samples (resending with subject line)
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Sorry, sent without subject line first time.
>
> First attachment is a message that was sent to [log in to unmask] from
> [log in to unmask] then recalled.
>
> When you click on it, I am going to get an e-mail back that indicates
> failure. (I'll set up a rule to delete all these!)

Looks like the attachments only work if you're using an Exchange
server.  I checked the raw text on this message.  The attachments were
'empty'.

But this fits with what I've observed:  The recall only works if the
user receiving the recall is on Exchange.  (Does not work with a
'standard' Unix mail account (POP or IMAP).)  Wonder why the
attachments don't work with a Unix account though?

Regards,
GRegory Hicks

> Second attachment is successful recall notice-recalled before it was
> opened.
>
> The third attachment is a failed recall notice-recalled after it was
> already opened.

[...]

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1
San Jose, CA 95134

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision."