Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Nov 1993 11:28:48 -0400
>Perhaps an old topic...

By no means an old topic -- I did a listsearch on "chain letter" last week
in LSTOWN-L and came up with almost zilch: a few mutters about the (annual)
Mrs Fields Cookie Scam urban folktale letter is about it.

>What's the best way to deal with people who send chain letters
>(get rich quick scams) to my lists? Can I take action against
>them?

I'd be interested in the answer, too -- *any* kind of chain letter.  And
what about *off* list chain letters?  Are there any bitnet / internet
rulings on those?  Do postings like the Mrs Fields or the FCC / modem one
count as chain letters?

>Thanks!

Double thanks.

>Christopher Mark Conn                                       [log in to unmask]

Mario Rups