Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 09:08:04 -0500
At 16:57 11/16/2002 Saturday, Jan A Bergeron VMD wrote:
>I run a private list and I want to be able to control submissions of
>certain problem subscribers.  I know that I can set them to REVIEW on an
>individual basis, but this only allows me to reject or accept their
>submissions.
>
>It seems to me that the only option I have for actually editing submissions
>is to change the SEND= keyword to Editor and then set all subscribers to
>EDITOR, thus allowing them to post directly to the list without being
>edited.  Then for the few who are problems, change their options to
>NOEDITOR, which will allow me to screen their posts and edit them if
>necessary.
>
>Does this make sense, or is there a better way to do this?
>
>If this is a valid approach, can I use a blanket command to set all
>existing subscriptions to EDITOR (eg, SET listname EDITOR FOR *@*) and then
>set the individual problem children to NOEDITOR?

You are using Eudora, and as I recall from other discussion, that makes
it somewhat more difficult to create RE-SENT headers.  Of course you
could use theREDIRECT icon but then your name appears in the FROM:
comment field.

(Current version of LISTSERV (1.8e) allows for content filtering and
auto-rejection.  Maybe that would be sufficient?)

/Pete