Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 00:09:43 EST
We have LISTSERV(TM) version 1.8c for VM with a list with the
following

    * Send=Editor,Hold
    * Default-Options=Review
    * [log in to unmask],(ME-HOCK)

where the list name is ME-HOCK (alias ME-Hockey).  This is not a peered
list.

One of the subscribers is a FirstClass (FC) bulletin board system.  As
you'll see from the example below, when someone creates an article on
FC, FC forwards it to LISTSERV with rather strange headers.  The "From:"
field has the address of the FC redistribution.

The FC redistribution subscription in ME-HOCK LIST is set to REVIEW, yet
postings coming from FC are *not* sent to the editor for approval, but
are posted automatically.  What are we doing wrong?

Here is a sample post ..

>Date:         Fri, 28 Feb 1997 23:27:48 -0500
>Sender:       The Maine Hockey Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
>From:         Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Fri. Hockey East Scores
>To:           [log in to unmask]

Thanks for any help anyone might provide.