Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 01:26:10 -0400
At 08:02 PM 8/2/97 +0000, Duane Campbell wrote:
>        I got two messages from the listserve confirming that my last post had
>been distributed to LSTOWN-L. The first said it had been distributed to 32
>members, the second to 498. Do listserves take coffee breaks?

I'm sort of guessing here, but I'm guessing that the list is "peered"
(not that I really understand what that means) and that different
subscribers get their messages from different sites.

I've got that "ack" turned off in my options, but I'd guess that what
you're seeing is responses from two sites that each send to different
subscriber lists.  Check the return addresses; they're probably different.
And just add the numbers.

Cheers,
Stan