List Owner <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:24:45 -0300
Hello wise List-Owners,

I've been going through the documentation, but so far haven't found the
answers to my questions below. Any suggestions or comments will be greatly
appreciated.

1) We have some announce-only  lists where SET MIME or NOMIME has been set
for each user when they are added (depending on if they checked "HTML" or
"TEXT"  respectively when they signed up in our application). I would like
to send a weekly newsletter message to these lists. If this message is
formatted with HTML (that's what the client wants) will people that have the
"NOMIME" setting automatically recieve a plain text version, or do I have to
append a plain text version to the HTML formatted message? Is there a
template somewhere for doing this?

2) What would be the easiest way to send these weekly emails? Using the
"Mail Merge" option in the web interface seems to be fairley easy. Is this
what you use?  Or is there another possible alternative? At the moment the
messages will not retrieve any data from a DB, only what information the
lists my have already have (&NAME; for example).

Thanks very much for any tips.

chris.